What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah whatd you do?

worst thing i did - put diesel in the tank and then ran it til empty (and you know how hard diesels are to start when run out of gas) :D j/k

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
put a 7m in it :biglaugh:

no seriously worst thing i did was have it painted at a 700 dollar paint job place and use a autozone head gasket when i rebuild my 7mge 3 years ago. i had to redo the head gasket in the car with 1000 miles on the engine

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
noah89t said:
what did you do that was so bad?

I somehow... Yes "somehow" picked up a m12-1.5 tap rather the M12-1.25 tap that I originally had.............

Ran all 14 holes on the block with M12-1.5 tap....... Not repairable. Good bye block. So Now I am sitting in my room wondering how the darn I am going to get this car running by new years. I can't even afford an engine hoist thanks to the headgasket and arp stud price..

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Ummm I did not tighten the flywheel bolts down with a good tq wrench and neglected lock-tight..... i used a P.O.S tq wrench that was old and falling part. My flywheel came loose and destroyed my bellhousing at 15mph

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Jeff Lange said:
Didn't put the 89+ subframe braces in when I had the subframe out. Lost one, and now my subframe is cracked. Gay.

What about the time you crashed it? or when you smashed up John's car? Jeff = fail at Supra's.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Datsrboi said:
I somehow... Yes "somehow" picked up a m12-1.5 tap rather the M12-1.25 tap that I originally had.............

Ran all 14 holes on the block with M12-1.5 tap

not trying to down you but didnt you notice it took quite some effort to run the tap thru just to clean the threads.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I bought it.....J/k

Probably when I didn't make sure that the fan shroud was secured on there properly. It wasn't and the fan hit it and ended up tearing the fan shroud up and put a hole in my radiator.

Oooor....Buying a soarer engine and not getting a JZA70 clip from Driftmotion. Lesson learned.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
supraguru05 said:
Datsrboi said:

Ran all 14 holes on the block with M12-1.5 tapQUOTE]

not trying to down you but didnt you notice it took quite some effort to run the tap thru just to clean the threads.

Honestly there was not much effort at all.......... That is what bothered me. Its like as if the block was more aluminum the iron. Some SMALL resistance but not like what I am use to feeling at work. Plus I was not thinking about it too much since it did go in quite a bit before that resistance hit in.

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
Not my mistake, but worth noting
I bought an NA with a "blown" head gasket that the guy had just recently replaced but still spewed oil and water. When I pulled the head I found he had put the gasket on BACKWARDS!