pics of your upper intercooler piping!

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
suprafanatic;905800 said:
some good lookin set ups.. so where is the other place you can run the ISC hose too? im tired or looking at mine going across the motor... any ideas?
well you have to have it close after the AFM, and you cant just put a little filter on it because that will be un-metered air coming in and give you some problems. so you will have to go over or around the motor in some way

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I like the way it looks going over the motor personally, but thats me I suppose.

Anyway though, what I've been thinking of doing is just getting some polished type ic piping and keeping the 3000 pipe, maybe paint the letters in "3000" blue too, I though that might be a nice little touch.

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
x87SUPRA87x;905874 said:
well you have to have it close after the AFM, and you cant just put a little filter on it because that will be un-metered air coming in and give you some problems. so you will have to go over or around the motor in some way

I've got a filter on mine and it runs fine. Speed density though:biglaugh:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Kangae;905909 said:
Anyway though, what I've been thinking of doing is just getting some polished type ic piping and keeping the 3000 pipe, maybe paint the letters in "3000" blue too, I though that might be a nice little touch.
or you could just buy the candy blue powdercoated one that im selling:naughty: lol

SLO-MK3;905948 said:
I've got a filter on mine and it runs fine. Speed density though:biglaugh:
lol thats an exception:sarcasm:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Here is my current setup. (It is much like I did last time around, only slightly changed for the new turbo, and going to the Translator Pro/Speed Density setup.)

Pipes are just Mandrel bends, cut and welded, smoothed and then powdercoated candy apple red in this case. (With clear coat.)
p907796_1.jpg

Matches the engine underneath it all right? LOL
p907796_2.jpg

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
thanks for all the pictures guys it really gave me some good ideas for my car :) just waiting to get it back from the shop now from the Head gasket job.. turns out i had to get a new head too, the one on the car was warped to much to resurface :S

Boost_happy

breakin it sideways!
Dec 28, 2005
Boise, ID
Adjuster;907796 said:
Here is my current setup. (It is much like I did last time around, only slightly changed for the new turbo, and going to the Translator Pro/Speed Density setup.)

Pipes are just Mandrel bends, cut and welded, smoothed and then powdercoated candy apple red in this case. (With clear coat.)
p910461_1.jpg

Matches the engine underneath it all right? LOL
p910461_2.jpg

You finaly working on it again? or do i need to come over again and give some motivation? LOL i finaly started working on my engine again!
And the piping is very nicely done

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
could be electric... get this.. my car is at the shop for the BHG job most people know.. and i went in today to talk to them cause we'v gone threw 2 heads now none of them any good,, so looking for another one.. BUT the mechanic said when they took the head off the car there were NO i repeat NO studs along the bottom of the intake manifold to hold it on.... aka masive boost leakage there.. so my car will deffinitly drive ALOT stronger than it ever has..:) so theres good news... hehe

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
suprafanatic;910976 said:
could be electric... get this.. my car is at the shop for the BHG job most people know.. and i went in today to talk to them cause we'v gone threw 2 heads now none of them any good,, so looking for another one.. BUT the mechanic said when they took the head off the car there were NO i repeat NO studs along the bottom of the intake manifold to hold it on.... aka masive boost leakage there.. so my car will deffinitly drive ALOT stronger than it ever has..:) so theres good news... hehe
There are bolts for the bottom of the intake mani, not studs. There is 1 stud on the very left closest to the alternator, two where the EGR valve is and two inbetween the runners.:)

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
suprafanatic;904287 said:
im looking for a new way to do my upper intercooler piping to make it look alot better, if you guys could please post some pics up to give me some ideas it would really help out! thanks!

Im thinking of routing over radiator...

Last edited: