Just got offered Asst. Manager Position

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I have to tell someone. My manager offered me the Assistant Manager position today, even though I'm a driver and I've been there only about 2 1/2 months. Too bad the pay would be less than what I make right now. Not bad I'd say for being a month shy of my 22nd birthday and only 4 months out of the Marines. :D

Adam

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You can't really call it a promotion if it's more responsibility and less donero, but it would look better on your name tag I guess. Tell her to give you some more money to at least make you think about the offer or check into the raises you may have coming to you later. It's hard to believe you'd make more money delivering than being an assistant manager, but I guess people tip really well when they're toasted............:biglaugh:

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
more resposibility and less money?
hell no
you'd be doing all the shit jobs your manager wont do,getting paid less,more headache,more stress...
better off just being a driver.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Congrats man! Enjoy the new position. Look at it this way, now you're just 1 step closer to a manager's position and you now have the title of Asst. Mgr. to put on your resume from this day going forward. ;)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I didn't accept the position, but it is always open if I want it. As far as the shit jobs the manager won't do, my manager does everything, including the shit jobs. I work at a franchise store. My franchise owner owns 14 stores that cover a huge area combined and all all bordering another of his stores.

Savannah, I did deliver pizza in my MKIII a week or so ago. Never again. I'd rather take the day off than deliver in the Supra. Too risky, too many miles, and bad of condition of roads. Not to mention it's freakin' huge compared to the Geo.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I'm another believer in the "more responsibility + less money = No" mode of thought

You work at a Pizza store for the money, not for the job title.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You need to find out how much the managers make because you will end up as a manager one day if you stay in with this company. Pizza franchises are popping up all over the city I live in right now. You can't go half a block without seeing five or six people outside in suits waving pizza signs. I don't see how they're making any money with all the price wars going on right now. Good luck.

Edit: Don't kid yourself either by thinking the position is always going to be there for you. Once someone else accepts the job, your chance is over until it's up for grabs again.

Last edited:

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Driving is a pretty sweet gig compared to the Asst. managers, almost all my dirvers made more money than me (especially the busy nights).....I hated my job but it was a 2nd part time job soley for supra funds....

I made a few deliveries in my old MKIII N/A, but I had a kid who delivered in a 944 N/A:nono:....the key to making good money driving is gas sipping 4 bangers that you dont mind to beat on.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My manager makes about $16 an hour. But he's taxed at that rate too. My average is about $16 an hour, after taxes. Last I checked, the only thing I don't do that my manager does is make the pizza's and do all the paperwork. That's it.

7000 pieces, I drive a 3 banger POS Geo Metro. I've been known on more than one occassion to sling mud on my hood and roof by flying over shitty unpaved roads.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
There is no way I'd work a management position for a measly $16.00 an hour, lol.

I suppose it depends where you live, but around here, you can make more money than that sweeping floors and doing odd jobs at some sort of a shop.

Goodness, lol.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Jeff Lange;974171 said:
There is no way I'd work a management position for a measly $16.00 an hour, lol.

I suppose it depends where you live, but around here, you can make more money than that sweeping floors and doing odd jobs at some sort of a shop.

Goodness, lol.
Me either. I didn't realize that sort of position paid so little. This is one of the main reasons I went to college.

$16/hour is not very much in Portland, OR. When I was living there (Beaverton) I was making $22.75/hour as a software intern before I even had my degree.