Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Does yo chain hang low?
Does it wobble to da flo?
Does it shine in da light?
Is it platinum, is it gold?

No bitches, its brembo rotors yo!

P.S. The above gay verbiage is from an actual rap song, heard it on Wild949, sung to the tune of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" Yeah, sad huh?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
HIDPLANET said:
Do you have a brake kit to go along with those?

im piecing it together slowly, now that the rotors are here, I can get what else I need. so in the meantime its going around my neck

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Those are pretty sweet rotors man. But wasn't it determined some time ago that cross drilled rotors have a tendency toward cracking at the drill holes points? Especially the Brembos since most of them are just blanks with the drill holes put in to them.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
dirgle said:
Those are pretty sweet rotors man. But wasn't it determined some time ago that cross drilled rotors have a tendency toward cracking at the drill holes points? Especially the Brembos since most of them are just blanks with the drill holes put in to them.

im pretty sure that was only if you were using them in like auto x, or many high speed runs in a small period of time. neither of which I plan to do. same reason I didnt go with slotted rotors. These are mainly just for street use, dont need anything ready to withstand track/auto x conditions.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
ChadMKIII said:
Does yo chain hang low?
Does it wobble to da flo?
Does it shine in da light?
Is it platinum, is it gold?

No bitches, its brembo rotors yo!

P.S. The above gay verbiage is from an actual rap song, heard it on Wild949, sung to the tune of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" Yeah, sad huh?

Did you know that that song is also a Disney song sung by an infants toy.

Do your ears hang low
Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Can they wipe away a frown, just by flapping up and dowm
Do your ears hang Low

Eore from winnie the poo

Rap has nothing original!

back on topic, nice rotors, which pads you using?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
suprarich said:
back on topic, nice rotors, which pads you using?

porterfield (sp?)

if any of the sponsors on here have them, ill buy from you, send me a pm. otherwise ill take a drive out to mvp

im looking for some SS lines and a red g2 caliper paint as well, so if you're a sponsor and have all of the above, hit me up and you have business!

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
yea, I was talking to jayson (idealsupra) a while back to get his opinion, he said the top two were axis and porterfield, but when I asked him if he had to pick between the two, he said he would definately choose porterfield, so Ill stick with them since its only like $10 more per pad.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Nice, When I have enough money for brakes I was going to buy some Powerslots but I also like Brembo.....Why didn't you get powerslots? any reasons?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
SupraJDS said:
Nice, When I have enough money for brakes I was going to buy some Powerslots but I also like Brembo.....Why didn't you get powerslots? any reasons?

slotted rotors will eat your pads quickly, they will cool better IF you are running them frequently enough to get them that hot... powerslots for me would just mean replacing my pads twice as often and never seeing the cooling benifits.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I've got Brembo blank rotors and Porterfield pads... Just installed them a few weeks ago, give alittle sqeek at low speeds when warmed up, but I am satisfied with how they perform.