Heating and idle issues

spunkenhimer

Feb 14, 2011
Goldsboro NC
my car blew a head gasket on my way back from jacksonville nc to goldsboro nc. Thankfully was able to make it back in one piece and didn't tear my car up too much. Got it too my friends house and took me about a month but got a new head gasket and replaced it and put it all back together.

I went ahead and took her for a test drive and that is when it all started. I went to shift and my throttle got stuck (cause i didn't tighten it down all the way.)and my engin reved up to like 7000rpm and i had to cut it off like that and stop the car and fix the throttle. When i started it up again i got half way down the road and the car started to heat up. Stopped again let the car cool down and then was able to drive her back to my friends house keeping it under 2000rpm.

Found that i didn't clamp down one of the hoses correctly and the pressure from the car going to 7000rpm caused it too pop off luckly i didn't lose all my coolant and was able to get it back on and snug.

now i don't know if this was happening before the throttle sticking or after but the car isn't getting warm in the inside.
also the car sounds like its missing when i'm at idle but i know i did the timing right on the belt maybe not the distributer i'll check that again. but even then it still idles rough may not cut off but it does idle rough.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Possible you blew again.

Did you burp the coolant system?
Machine and pressure check the head?
How much coolant did you lose and how far did you have to travel?
Any codes?