Body work started on the car to fit new wheels!!

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
Post your comments and feed back. I just want to hear peoples thoughts. I don't care if you think it's rice or why do this to a supra...yeah i say make it your own...be creative. I've been doing this kind of work for a long time with previous cars. I'm still maintaining the body lines just making them come out further to fit the wheels...

wheels are:
Weds Kranze front-19x10 -12mm Offset; rear-19x12 -25mm Offset
B-magic full kit
Aerogear custom wide panels

1112352845_l.jpg

1112363834_l.jpg

1057050572_l.jpg

item

item

item

item

item

item

item

item

item

item

If you don't get what it's going to look like, here is what i am modeling after:

25.jpg

29.jpg

20.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I know! What size are the rears? Stretched tires are one thing, but what are those, 185's?
lol

I like the front bumper!

What car are those panels for?

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
MK3Brent Time for bigger tires, mate.

yea that was the one thing I was gonna say.

How do you plan on being able to open the door though? It looks like it is blocked pretty bad by that panel.

Its hard for me to picture how it might look, but it could turn out pretty good. who knows. Good luck!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
How did you get those tires on the rim? those are like 245/45's on a 12 inch wide rim.

Looking good though, very creative. Hope it goes well, and update frequently.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
socc924 said:
How do you plan on being able to open the door though? It looks like it is blocked pretty bad by that panel.

Must be planning on climing in through the Targa or something!!!!!!!

Those tires defy the laws of physics..........How do they stay on??????

Sorry man car is not my taste but everyone has an Idea of what a Supra should be so good luck with your project!!!!! I think we all would like to see a finished photo...................................

Soup

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
for some reason im liking it :)

mainly because nobody does widebody mk3's and I really want to see one, +1 for doing it!

I dont really like the wheels, but thats easy to change if you ever wanted to so it doesnt really matter.

how long until you think you're finished?

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
The tires came with the wheels when i bought them. so i just put them on the car. the rear tires are 255/40/19. i plan on running a 285/35/19 but stretch tires seem to be a popular craze now. especially in the VIP and Drifter world...

As for the doors, of course it still has to be cut to follow the door line and the lower part of the stock door will be cut and welded. it will look similar to the bottomw half a 3rd gen Rx-7, but not as rounded. **The door modifications are tenative to change as we get further into the project**

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i have a hard time visualizing it too... i've seen some widebody mk3's that looked very nice and finished, and others that just looked like body panels were glued on and looked horrible in my opinion.

good luck with your project, hope it comes out well... be sure to take lots of pics ;)

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
sure no prob on the pics guys...i'll keep 'em coming...thanks for the comments too. i'm hoping to finish the back end by the end of october and start on the front fenders in Nov. I think once i get the side skirts on and the doors cut to open....then you should be able to get a better feel of it. that rear peice was all done this past sunday. I've only been one day on the rear fender so far. i'll keep you guys posted.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
if you like then great! just not my thing ha, whenever i see stretched tires i think lowrider though.

just fiberglass the doors shut and go dukes of hazard style?