9.5 psi stock ct26 dyno sheet

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
So I went with two-step-n to xact dyno and he could only made 1 run needs to go back for tuning now. The inter cooler piping kept blowing off so he had to get the pipes rolled.
343 rwhp
360 tq

Build thread here
Stock ct26 with intercooler and 3'' elbow
9.5 psi stock wastegate
Built bottom end
Stock rebuilt head with 3 angle valve job
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...07649-7m-build

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 7M POWER.jpg
    7M POWER.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 101

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
what gear was this done in? even with a built bottom end, a stock turbo at 9.5psi shouldn't be able to push through that much hp...

and you need to fix that link for the build, it's showing me a 404 page not found

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Agreed that seems too much for a stock ct with ~10lbs. I'm running stock ct with 10 lbs and I very much doubt I'm anywhere near that. I'm guessing closer to 310-325 wheel tq is more appropriate.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I looked through his post history (yes I'm sick at home and bored). And this is what I found...and I believe this is what he's talking about:

Engine build specs
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?107649-7m-build
9.3:1 CR
2:0 MHG
cams gears on stock settings
AEM is not on the car yet its on stock ecu.
All the mods are listed
I dont think the built engine helps where everything else is stock.
Tires are kumho 225's
91 octane
1200 foot elevation
track temp was around 65F
Timing is 10 degrees(base)
Well it has
exhaust (stock elbow)
a fully built shortblock
2.75 inch pipe where the 3000 pipe goes.
8.5psi (stock waste gate)
245 tires.
This is a stock baseline before tunes it with cams and big turbo.

Oh yeah...and I fixed his link...sigh

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
4th gear even tim kelly at xact dyno was pretty amazed as well because it was the first and only pull made.
This is a load style dyno not sure if that makes a difference or not.
The car has a new intercooler now as well.
It was at the dyno for tuning but had some problems so he has to go back friday or tuesday.
The boost read is from the dynos map sensor.
Timing, cam gears and boost all need to be adjusted still as well as the fuel map.
It has a pretty nasty hiccup right before 3000 rpm as well as off idle.
Tim said he should be able to get over 400rwhp with more boost and alot more timing.

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
This is not my car its two-step-n's car he just told me to post because tim sent the files to my email.
The thread you post is about the turbo on my car its a 5mgte.
His is 7mgte with a stock turbo unclipped no mods to it at all.
Its stock wastegate but the line was run to the intake manifold not the feed right off the turbo.
This is so the wastgate opens at manifold pressure not the pressure on the hot side of the intercooler piping.
Thats why its at 9.5 psi instead of 8.5 or w/e it normally opens at.
His 7m have pretty much zero blow by he ran with out anything hooked to the pcv vents on the valve covers and nothing comes out no need for catch can.
Maybe that is why its making more power because its not blowing past the rings as much?
I know its weird making almost 350 rwhp on 9.5psi should be making like less then 300.

Also its boosting before 2000 rpm and is at 6lbs before 2500 rpm pretty much means it stock turbo.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Not trying to bash on your dyno but many of us been there with ALL the bolt on that can be added to the stock ct. AT 15 psi i was at 300 rwhp and 350 rwtq so at 9.5 psi on a stock ct there is no freaking way. You MUST have an upgradded ct or a really bad ass fairy god mother. :beer:

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
Why is everyone saying its not right or true the boost graph is posted.
You can clearly see how soon it spools and its only 9.6 lbs.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
flyjum;1694791 said:
Why is everyone saying its not right or true the boost graph is posted.
You can clearly see how soon it spools and its only 9.6 lbs.

yeah but there are no pics of the turbo so how the HELL are we supposed to just flat out believe it's a STOCK CT26 when that's an insane number for a STOCK turbo?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
For one, I'm not saying that it isn't true or impossible. I'm just saying that there's gotta be more there. High CR maybe?

Maybe the dyno is off. On one dyno, I put down 301 whp and with the same exact setup, I put down 367 on another.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I tried to bite my tongue on this one but I had to say something.. I put down 303 WHP 352ft lbs of torque on a stock CT26 on 12-13lbs on a 9.2:1 compression ratio motor.. Unless you are running C16 race gas you are not putting down those numbers in reality and the dyno is wrong..